kdb5_util core dumps

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 8 17:49:10 EST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 19:29, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> MIT Kerberos 1.5.1 under Solaris 9 SPARC.
>
> dbx output below.
>
> The real problem: $(prefix)/var and $(prefix)/var/krb5kdc are
> not made at 'make install' time.
>
> Solve this by making those dirs.  This should be caught instead
> of coredumping, and IMO, ideally should be solved via make
> install.

Well, the config file could point the programs at other directories
that also don't exist, so this needs to be fixed anyways.  I've just
checked in a fix to the core dump problem, and I'm adding makefile
code to create the directories at make install time.  Probably
neither will make it into the impending 1.6 release at this point
though.

Ken