kadmin problem

Edward Murrell edward at dlconsulting.com
Wed Jan 3 17:38:52 EST 2007

Hi Soctty,

Unfortunately, I've been on Holiday for over the Christmas break, so I
didn't check my email.

It looks like the problem is that you're defining a realm for each
computer rather than for your network.

So, if your domain is called example.com, and your computers are called
gaza and horse, you should have one realm called EXAMPLE.COM, and then
create two principle entries for gaza and horse, and another for your
user. eg;

host/horse.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM
host/gaza.example.com at EXAMPLE.COM
scotty at EXAMPLE.COM

I'm afraid can't help you with the exact details of your setup, since I
have not used Solaris or Win2K3 with Kerberos. I am led to believe that
they are mostly compatible for the purposes of passwords though.

Regards
Edward

P.S. I would heartily recommend replying to the list next time.