SSO implementation for SAP running on Solaris 10

Tim Alsop Tim.Alsop at CyberSafe.Com
Wed Dec 26 05:51:17 EST 2007

Senthil,

Can I ask why you don't want to use any 3rd party tools to implement SSO
with your SAP systems ?

Anyway, you might want to check http://www.cybersafe.com/d2 then click
on the link provided, and watch the flash videos to see how to setup SSO
with SAP GUI.

Thanks,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: kerberos-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces at mit.edu] On
Behalf Of Senthil Murugan Muthuvelu
Sent: 26 December 2007 10:25
To: kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: SSO implementation for SAP running on Solaris 10

Hi

I'm in the process of implementing SSO for SAP systems. The systems
in the landscape include DEV-QA-PRD and some sandbox also.

We want to achieve Desktop SSO so that users are not asked to re-enter
access credentials (password, username). Once an user signs in one of
the systems in the landscape, he can access other systems listed in SAP
logon pad (within the landscape) with other systems.

We are also not interested to use any 3rd party tools

Can someone give pointers and detailed process steps as how this can
be achieved by using SP-NEGO and Kerberos in SAP systems running under
Solaris 10 with Windows clients. Note that all the clients are in MS-
Windows

At the moment, we have MS-LDAP where users are being maintained for
Portal.

Warm regards
Senthil

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.