password incorrect but it's not, works fine with Solaris + MIT?

Booker Bense bbense at telemark.slac.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 12 14:38:02 EST 2007

In article <mailman.86.1197410097.11331.kerberos at mit.edu>,
Jeff Blaine  <jblaine at kickflop.net> wrote:
>I lied.  RHELv4 krb5 works fine.  Anyway, back to
>RHELv3...
>
>I updated the krb5 RPMs on the box which brought me to
>a whopping -67 1.2.7 release.

I've had lots of problems using 3des enctypes in that very old
version of kerberos with a heimdal KDC. I'm pretty sure there are
also some bugs in the handling of AFS3 salt types in that library
as well.

The easy answer is to upgrade to RHEL4. You can fix some of the
problems by getting rid of all 3des keys in the kdc for problem
service keys. Or you can compile your own more recent kerberos
libraries.

_ Booker C. Bense