Account lockout support in Solaris 10 when authenticating againstKerberos

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Dec 11 09:35:07 EST 2007

Yu, Ming wrote:
> Russ,
>
>    Thanks for the help.
>
>    That is th info I am looking for.

But using PAM to lockout a user, is per machine.
If you are trying to avoid password guesses, the user could
try another machine, and get another N guesses. Better then
nothing, but maybe not what you really want.

As Russ points out below, maybe some intrusion detection system
might also be in order, with PAM notifying the IDS.

>    Ming

  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439