New to Kerberos, please help

smelt jotones at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:56:06 EST 2007

Hi,

I will try to answer your questions:

1) I thinks you don't need and AIX KDC. You can ask the tickets from
AIX to an Windows Active Directory. We are using in this way.

2) As far as I know WebSphere is not kerberized. I think that it will
introduce some kind of kerberization in the last versión but I had no
time to know at what level.
Anyway, I assume your WebSphere is running on a AIX box, you will need
the Network Authentication Service (AIX MIT based kerberos
implementation) client in order to ask tickets to AD. Also depending
on the level of kerberization of this last websphere versión you will
need to write code in the application to use de Kerberos API. I have
didn't it so I can't help you with this point.

Thanks,