Query regarding resource leak...

sandeep singh sandeep_7singh at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 3 07:40:48 EST 2007

  Hi folks,
  I had a doubt on inclusion on one of the structure element in GSS, can anyone be kind to let me know its usage/importance.
  In GSS-API context for in the krb5-1.4 release,
  The _krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec structure defined in gssapiP_krb5.h has two new
  fields called
  typedef strcut _krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec
  {
  ..
  krb5_context k5_context;
  ..
  int cred_rcache;
  ..
  }krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec,*krb5_gss_ctx_id_t;
  I fail to understand the importance of "cred_rcache" element. Is it really required ? Looking at the changelog it looks like it is used to avoid a  resource leak. But what is resource leak here ? Can anyone please explain.
  Thanks in advance.