gss_init_sec_context failing with SPNEGO

Aakash aakash.m.joshi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 01:52:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to do a SPNEGO negotiation using gssapi libraries on
windows (version: krb 3_2_1)
The flow of my sample client application is as below,

1) gss_str_to_oid (for parsing the printable format mechanism name to
oid; results in success)
2) then I connect to the server (using winsock APIs; results in
success)
3) gss_import_name (convert printable name to GSS internal format;
results in success)
4) gss_init_sec_context (with gss_OID for SPNEGO)
    This call fails with giving the error as under
    major code : Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more
information
    minor code : Unknown code H 1

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be, since I am unable to find
any proper error description in any help manual or website

Thanks,
Aakash