KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3

Matthew Andrews matt at slackers.net
Mon Aug 13 20:29:15 EDT 2007

Matthew Andrews wrote:
> Hi,
>

> That said, I have another problem.
>
> after compiling with the -brtl flag, the "kdb5_util load <file>" command
>   fails with the following error:
>
> queen% /usr/local/sbin/kdb5_util load /home/ma3d/secret/k5db.dump
> load: Unable to load requested database module 'db2': plugin symbol
> 'kdb_function_table' not found
>
> I think my next step will be to re-build without optimization, and try
> and see what's going on in the debugger, but I also figured that I'd see
> if anyone else had any helpful suggestions.

so, I tracked this down to the dlopen of the module failing because it
couldn't find a dependent module(libdb)

I worked around the libdb problem in a slightly different way than phil
did, and that may be why it didn't get installed for me, but I really
don't know why the library isn't getting installed in the first place?

what is this library, how should it be linked, and what all depends on it?

I'm really trying to figure out how this should actually work so that I
can figure out where the current situation is going wrong. Any help is
appreciated. My real goal at this point is to help get a patch in to the
kerberos developers so that the next release can be built on AIX out of
the box again.

- -Matt