preauth mechanism functioning at the client-side

Gopal Paliwal gopalpaliwal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:01:13 EDT 2007

thanks for suggestions for using negative number.
It seems to be a right idea to use -ve value till it starts working
perfectly.

But, one of my question remains unanswerred.
why client even after getting hint type-32 and even when i make it a
preferred_preauth_type still picks up type-2 for requesting to AS with
preauth data filled. ?

>From where it takes type-2 as a default value?

Also, is client capable of sending 2-preauth values back to the kerberos
server in AS_REQ?

client gives me error like "Looping detected in krb5_get_in_tkt" when I do
not send type-2 in hint from server to client and just send type-32 instead
of it.

let me know.

-gopal