kstart 3.10 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 10 14:56:55 EDT 2007

I'm pleased to announce release 3.10 of kstart.

k4start, k5start, and krenew are modified versions of kinit which add
support for running as a daemon to maintain a ticket cache, running a
command with credentials from a keytab and maintaining a ticket cache
until that command completes, obtaining AFS tokens (via an external aklog)
after obtaining tickets, and creating an AFS PAG for a command.  They are
primarily useful in conjunction with long-running jobs; for moving ticket
handling code out of servers, cron jobs, or daemons; and to obtain tickets
and AFS tokens with a single command.

Changes from previous release:

    Fix compilation error with a new enough MIT Kerberos to support
    krb5_get_error_message and with et/com_err.h instead of com_err.h
    (such as Fedora Core 6).  Thanks, Stefan Foerster.

    Rework the configure script to use AS_IF instead of explicit if
    statements, which allows Autoconf to do better dependency analysis.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/>

Debian packages have been uploaded to Debian unstable.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests.