problem with kpropd

Edgecombe, Jason jwedgeco at uncc.edu
Wed Apr 4 08:41:44 EDT 2007

weird.

I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6 a few months ago and did successful kprop
fron the 1.4 kdc to the 1.6 slaves.

Is kprop set up in (x)inetd? and /etc/services?
Here is the line from my inetd.conf:
krb5_prop stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/krb5/sbin/kpropd kpropd

Try this shell script: (be sure to tweak it for your environment.

#=-----------------------
#!/bin/sh

VERSION="1.0"
KDCS="slave1.example.com slave2.example.com"
KRB5=/usr/local/krb5
DUMPFILE="${KRB5}/var/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans"

echo "`date` KPROP.SH ${VERSION}"

echo "Dumping to $DUMPFILE..."
${KRB5}/sbin/kdb5_util dump $DUMPFILE

for kdc in $KDCS
do
echo "Transferring to $kdc..."
${KRB5}/sbin/kprop -f ${KRB5}/var/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans $kdc
done

echo "`date` Transfer complete.\n"

Jason Edgecombe
Solaris & Linux Administrator
Mosaic Computing Group, College of Engineering
UNC-Charlotte
Phone: (704) 687-3514