Using Kerberos on UNIX against AD2003

jzm juzam_trip at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 28 03:58:44 EDT 2006

Hello,
I have to build a solution to authenticate users on both Windows and Unix
workstations. I have read two tutorials about this subject:

*
http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixbman/security/kerberos_intro.htm
*
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=144f7b82-65cf-4105-b60c-44515299797d&displaylang=en&Hash=cwNSqMUbevRWz%2beV3cx%2bhgkMKnIxhWQc0UeWuXDU0YRUGy1O%2bqvC6l2nT%2fBCDBjwGTgHQFrALnNABCAKP%2fOppQ%3d%3d
*

There is a point I do not understand and I hope you could help me. When you
want to add a UNIX user in AD, you have to create a keytab file on the
server (with this command: Ktpass -princ hostname/username.xyz.com at MYREALM
-mapuser username -pass password -out username.keytab), then go to the
workstation and merge this file with the workstation's keytab file. Here is
my question: I have 10 workstations, I want to add a new user who could uses
any of these workstations, Have I to create 10 keytab files and then merge
them on the 10 workstations ? Actually I am working with more than 30 UNIX
users/workstations, so I guess you can understand my problem :) Do I miss
something ? Is there any easier solutions ?

Thank you !
Regards, Benoit.