Kerberos research paper

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Sep 20 20:00:47 EDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:53:47 -0700
Tweedy Loebus <Tweedy_Loebus at raytheon.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to research and write a paper on Security in Communications
> Network.
> Since there are so many things to talk about in this area, I am thinking of
> narrowing my search down to
> Kerberos.

Still too broad. What about "Kerberos"? Choose something specific like say
PKINIT for example. What problem does it solve? Who invented it? Why does
RSA work? When should people use it? Blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't worry
about coming up with enough for 12 pages. This stuff is deep enough that
you could talk about factoring algorithms and prime numbers for 10 pages
(Although that would be incredibly boring. It's much better to discuss
stories about people like how Thompson and Pike came up with UTF-8 in
a New Jersey diner).

Mike

--
Michael B Allen