Kerberos 5 v1.5.1 on AIX 5.2 or AIX 5.3

Lamar.Saxon@americredit.com Lamar.Saxon at americredit.com
Mon Sep 18 17:38:49 EDT 2006

Any one had any success compiling KRB5 1.5.1 on AIX 5.2 or 5.3 ?  I am
experiencing the same errors as a previous poster; but have not seen any
solutions.  Configure is successful with the following flags:

export CC=cc
export CFLAGS='-D_LARGE_FILES -DLANL -DLANL_ICN'; export CFLAGS
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kerberos --enable-dns-for-realm
--with-tcl=/usr/local --with-vague-errors

Same config I use to compile 1.4.4 successfully with the LANL patches
provided by Milton Turley.

After running make, I get the following errors:

making all in util...
making all in util/support...
        cc   -I../../include -I./../../include -I. -I.
-DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE=1   -D_LARGE_FILES -DLA
L -DLANL_ICN -qhalt=e -O -D_THREAD_SAFE   -c fake-addrinfo.c
"fake-addrinfo.c", line 1212.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
my_h_ent.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Same errors on AIX 5.2 as well as AIX 5.3.  Also, same errors with CC or
GCC 4.

Any help is appreciated and I can beta test any patches.

Thanks !
Lamar

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.