Need information about krb5-1.5 release

Sachin Punadikar punadikar.sachin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 05:31:53 EDT 2006

Hello,
I got the answer to my first question.
KDB abstraction layer feature provides an abstraction layer over the native
kerberos database (KDB) so that Kerberos exploiters can choose to store the
authentication information in other databases like LDAP. This was basically
developed by Novell as Novell wanted to haveits LDAP called eDirectory to be
used as the Kerberos data store for the MIT KDC. This requirement was
originated from a product called SAMBA which uses Kerberos.

- Sachin