leash session key type NULL

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 09:57:28 EDT 2006

Markus Moeller wrote:
> I am using leash 2.5  and when I import tickets from the MS cache  I get for
> some users a session key type of NULL whereas the ticket encryption type is
> RC4-HMAC-NT.  When I use get tickets with username/password I get the
> corrrect session key type of RC4-HMAC-NT.  Does anybody know why ?  I am
> running on Win XP with a w2k3 kdc.
>
> Thanks
> Markus

Markus:

KfW 2.5 is quite old and there are a number of bugs in the MSLSA support
that you problem don't want to be dealing with.   I suggest you replace
it with the KFW 2.6.5 release.

One of the things that the later KFW releases do is set the magic
registry key that will allow the LSA to export the TGT session key.
When the exportation of the key is blocked, the key type is reported as
NULL.

For details see:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/kfw-2.6/kfw-2.6.5/relnotes.html#mslsa

Jeffrey Altman