AIX auth against W2k3 Active Directory

Orga Rob orgarob at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 14:37:56 EDT 2006

I have setup the KRB5A client on AIX and can successfully authenticate
against my windows 2003 server Active directory.  However, there is no
mention of the login in the windows Event Log (ie: Event 528).    I see successful
logins from windows hosts, just not the AIX host.   Do I need to enable another type of event logging?

I have setup AIX by following the document  "Configuring AIX 5L for Kerberos
Based Authentication Using Windows Kerberos Service" found here:
   http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/p/library/wp_aix_lit.html

I have tried turning on Kerberos Event logging on the 2003 server, but all I get
is debug error information.
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q262177/

Any ideas would be appreciated.