Ubuntu Kerberos and Active Directory

Rohit Kumar Mehta rohitm at engr.uconn.edu
Tue Sep 12 14:30:47 EDT 2006

Hey guys, I did an "apt-get install libpam-krb5" which removed
libpam-heimdal, and the problem is now gone.  (I reproduced the problem
in both Debian-etch and Ubuntu-dapper).  I am guessing there
is some problem with the heimdal libs.  Now I can ssh to the machine
using Active Directory credentials.  However, even though klist shows
my ticket, I cannot do passwordless authentication.

I am guessing that setup is a little more involved and requires a keytab
and adding records to the Active Directory.  Does anyone know if this
is correct?