Syntax error in profile relation

Diego Lima diegolima.br at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 16:24:52 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to install kerberos on an Linux Ubuntu (6.06)
(Debian Based) server and set it up to act as a PDC for my network.
Samba is already setup and working serving the domain.

I have now installed the following packages:

krb5-admin-server krb5-config krb5-kdc krb5-user ldap-utils libdb4.2
libiodbc2 libkadm55 libldap-2.2-7 libltdl3 slapd ssl-cert libpam-krb5
libnss-ldap

When I try to use "kbd5_util create -s" I get the following message:
Syntax error in profile relation while retreiving configuration parameters

This has happened on two servers so far (including one that I
installed from scratch to act only as a kerberos server). Here is my
krb5.conf:

[logging]
    kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log
    admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmin.log
    default = FILE:/var/log/krb5lib.log

[libdefaults]
    ticket_lifetime = 24000
    default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
    default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc
    default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc

[realms]
    SG.ORG.BR = {
        kdc = snowgod.sg.org.br:88
        kdc = snowgod.sg.org.br:88
        admin_server = snowgod.sg.org.br:749
        default_domain = sg.org.br
    }

[domain_realm]
    .sg.org.br = SG.ORG.BR
    sg.org.br = SG.ORG.BR

[kdc]
    profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
    pam = {
       krb4_convert = false
    }