No a

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 2 14:03:47 EDT 2006

On Sep 2, 2006, at 10:03, Mordur Ingolfsson wrote:
> I am new to kerberos, and am trying to get it to work with cyrus2.2
> through SASL to verify passwords. Can anyone explain the following
> to me?

Does the IMAP server log anything interesting while you're doing this?

 From decoding the base64 strings, it looks to me like the client is
trying to use Kerberos (as a GSSAPI mechanism) to authenticate to the
imap service on mx0-krb-test.1984.is, in realm 1984.IS -- so good so
far -- but some kind of error is reported.  It doesn't seem to be
returned by the server in cleartext, so the server log is the best
place to start.

Ken