Reason for 2 branches krb5-1.4.x & krb5-1.5.x?

Tareq.Alrashid@case.edu Tareq.Alrashid at case.edu
Fri Sep 1 13:28:44 EDT 2006

Greetings,

I may have missed the memo re this question! :)  But, I just can't
seem to
find any information in my archives re this question.  For example is
it that
the 1.5.x version is so major and different, the reason why 1.4.x, will
continue to be maintained as a seperate branch parallel to the 1.5.x
branch? if this a RTFM type question, then great and so be it...

If current version in production is 1.3.6 on BSDi 4.3  (all latest
security
patched of course!)  Which version would be more practical and
*transparent* to upgrade to?  considering we still have to provide
support
krb524.  My gut says 1.4.4, so...

Any feedback or thoughts shared are much appreciated.

	Tareq