kerberos server replication

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Wed Oct 18 17:52:31 EDT 2006

In regard to: kerberos server replication, chechu chechu said (at 10:50pm...:

> I didn't get any error untill here but when i did:
>
> kprop -f /var/Kerberos/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans shinobi.ironman.es
>> /dev/null
>
> i got this error:
>
> kprop: Connection refused in call to connect while opening connection to
> shinobi.ironman.es

- Is kpropd running on shinobi.ironman.es ?

- If you're using tcp wrappers to restrict access to shinobi.ironman.es,
   do you have an entry in its hosts.allow file for the 'kpropd' service
   from shogun.ironman.es ?

Note: I also recommend you don't have your two hosts share principals in
their keytab.  The keytab on shinobi shouldn't have host/shogun entries,
and the keytab on shogun shouldn't have host/shinobi entries.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu