Kerberos/SASL/LDAP/Windows - Message Stream Modified

degnan78 degnan78 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 11:27:20 EDT 2006

Followup: I'm still seeing the "message stream modified" error on Linux.  I
turned on debugging in the ldap.conf file to get some more details.  I ran
"getent passwd", which attempts a SASL/GSSAPI bind to Active Directory.
Looking through the verbose messages on the screen, everything looks OK
except for one thing:

Unable to chase referral
"ldap://ForestDnsZones.example.com/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=example,DC=com"
(Local error)

I've tried starting over and creating new Kerberos key tables, and I've
tried recompiling the PADL nss_ldap software (though I don't think it's an
LDAP issue - simple binds work great).

FYI - I got this working correctly with Solaris 9, so I'm pretty sure the
problem is not my domain controllers (but I could be wrong).

Thanks,
Kevin