Anyone has an apache running with mod_auth_kerb AND mod_auth_ldap?

Djihangiroff, Matthias (KC-DD) Matthias.Djihangiroff at persona.de
Thu Oct 5 02:03:51 EDT 2006

Hello,

Anyone out there whos running an Apache with mod_auth_kerb and
mod_auth_ldap?
Im running an Apache with mod_auth_kerb perfectly.

But we have users, which arent in our Windows AD, so they cant load the
websites protected through mod_auth_kerb.
Is it possible to fall back to mod_auth_ldap, so they can manualy type
in their login? (The Apache than check the user against the LDAP).

I cant get running both of these modules simultanely.

Thats my .htaccess

AuthType  Kerberos
AuthName "Intranet Login"
        AuthLDAPBindDN conny
        AuthLDAPBindPassword w2kr2d2
        AuthLDAPEnabled on
        AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://w2kroot.konzern.intern:3268/dc=konzern,dc=intern?mail?sub?"
        AuthLDAPAuthoritative off
        KrbAuthRealms KONZERN.INTERN
        KrbServiceName HTTP
        Krb5Keytab /usr/local/apache2/current/conf/httpd.keytab
        KrbMethodNegotiate on
        KrbMethodK5Passwd on
        #KrbMethodK5Passwd on
        KrbAuthoritative off
        KrbDelegateBasic on
        require valid-user

Apache: 2.0.55
Mod_auth_kerb: 5.0-rc7

If i enable log-level debug in my Apache, in can see, that he first
tries ALWAYS to check the user against the Ldap, than check the Kerberos
ticket.

My Goal:
Apache checks if the browser submitted a User (integrated windows
authentication). If that fails, hey passes through to a Basic Auth with
LDAP, and prompts the User for username/password.

With best regards
M.Djihangiroff