kinit(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial credentials

Dragomir Radev radev at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:15:48 EST 2006

Our university recently updated to a new version of kerberos. I tried today
to set up a keytab but I was unsuccessful. Now, I can no longer authenticate
with kinit.

belobog% kinit
Password for radev at UMICH.EDU:
kinit(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial credentials

I tried a search on Google for the error message that I am getting but could
only find old messages to this mailing list which didn't propose any
solutions.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

D.