Migrating a Kerberos Realm

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Nov 21 17:19:57 EST 2006

>addprinc -requires_preauth krbtgt/OFFICE at COMPANY.COM
>addprinc -requires_preauth krbtgt/COMPANY.COM at OFFICE
>

>And er... it doesn't work. Did I miss something?

Well, there are a few things you are missing.  Like, for one ... you
say it doesn't work.  Well, what happens?  Do you have an error message?
Any diagnostics at all?

First off ... are you really sure about the -requires_preauth flag?  I
am 95% sure you don't want it.  (I know that documentation you list shows
that; I am frankly rather surprised that it does, as I can think of only
a few reasons why you would want that, and a whole bunch why you wouldn't).
I doubt that's the real problem, though.

--Ken