cross realm : decrypt integrity check failed

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Nov 8 14:39:34 EST 2006

>> This error is a classic "keys don't match between the two KDCs" problem.
>>
>> --Ken
>
>and yet, I don't know how many ways I can paste/type in the same password again
>and again and again.
>
>Could it be something w.r.t. unicode/character encoding?

Well ... I dunno.  I think you said you're using Heimdal, right?  I
would think that it would work; are you running the same version of
Kerberos on each KDC?  Dumb question time; did you run kinit after
changing your password to clear out your cached tickets?

You could try a really simple password, like "a" that isn't easy to
fat-finger.

--Ken