Incorrect Kerberos Auth Config File?

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Nov 8 10:30:21 EST 2006

John Hascall wrote:

> Douglas E. Engert <DEEngert at anl.gov> writes:
>
>>P.S. Why would you want to use telnet? In you example of using telnet,
>>you would be sending your password over the net in clear text. Why not ssh?
>

> There are Kerberized telnets...

But he said:
  "I'd like my AD users to be able to telnet into a solaris box using
their existing AD login name & password as well."

This sounds like sending the password to the telnetd so that PAM can
use it with Kerberos. I don't know of any telnet that protects
the passwords in this case like ssh can.

The Kerberoized telnets I have seen can respond to the auth status
command with KERBEROS_v5: enabled, indicating they can use Kerberos
to authenticate and encrypt the session.