Incorrect Kerberos Auth Config File?

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Tue Nov 7 21:04:07 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:14:20PM -0800, Chris cc wrote:
> Will,
>
> I use sol 10 + latest patches.  I have followed your suggestions and I'm still in the dark.  I'm also not able to ping KDC as you ask.  At this point, I have no ideas where else to troubleshoot.  Any helps are really appreciated.

I can only help so much (very busy).  You need to determine why the ping
isn't working first.  I assume the network is configured on your Solaris
box.  Is the KDC/AD up?  Are you sure of the KDC hostname?  Are you sure
the IP address returned by nslookup for the KDC is correct?  Is your
network routing properly configured?  Have you tried traceroute?  Are
other systems able to ping the KDC?  If so, then this points to a
network issue with the Solaris system.  If not, then look elsewhere.

In regards to the kerberos config on Solaris make sure you read the
Solaris 10 Security Administration guide at docs.sun.com very carefully.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.