NFSv4 with sec=krb5 mounts not working under Solaris

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Fri May 26 10:38:52 EDT 2006

We were using MIT krb5 because all of the other platforms on our network
(mostly different flavors of linux) were using MIT krb5, so I thought we
should use it on the Suns as well just for the sake of homogeneity.
Sun's version of LDAP had a very tough time reading our OpenLDAP server
so we had to build/use OpenLDAP on Solaris instead of the Solaris native
LDAP.  I thought a similar line of thinking would work for krb5.  It
looks like I thought wrong.  :)

I'll blow out my dev box and re-install using Sun's SEAM krb5 and see if
that helps.  I have a feeling it will.

Thanks for the insight,
erich