Solaris 9, stock sshd, pam_krb5, MIT 1.4.3 KDC

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed May 17 17:02:50 EDT 2006

On May 17, 2006, at 16:42, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> and the KDC would happily start up without reading it.
>
> And this is... okay with everyone?  *scratches head*

For the 1.5 release, we're changing direction a bit: The KDC programs
(krb5kdc, kadmind, kadmin.local but not kadmin, etc) will add
kdc.conf (either compiled-in path or env var) to the list of config
files used, and combine the data from all of them that are found.  So
all the config information can be put into krb5.conf, if desired, or
kdc.conf can override krb5.conf settings that currently it can't
influence.  (We've been talking about doing this for a while, but the
big impetus now has to do with the interface chosen for the pluggable
database back end support donated by Novell.)

Ken