prob to setup kerberos

chevalier funboard70 at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 16:52:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I try to setup for a school project a kdc server and two clients :

On the kdc server, which I called fred, and the realm is TPKERBEROS.FR which
is running fine:

i setup in /etc/hosts :     192.168.1.100               fred.tpkerberos.fr
fred

                                   192.168.1.101
client.tpkerberos.fr         client

I put on each pc the same krb5.conf

When I try to do a telnet to the kdc server I have this message :

telnet -afx fred

Trying 192.168.1.100...

Connected to fred.tpkerberos.fr (192.168.1.100).

Escape character is '^]'.

Waiting for encryption to be negotiated...

Negotiation of authentication, which is required for encryption,

has failed.  Good-bye.

I don't know what's wrong !

Anyone have an idea ?!

Regards