Is it required to use GSSAPI code for the Kerberos Server Auth?

Surendra Babu A surendra.a at samsung.com
Fri Mar 24 00:25:48 EST 2006

Hi Douglas,

Thanks a lot for the response. Following are my inputs.

POINT#1:

Server Authentication means, Mutual Authentication. Sorry for the confusion.

So for Mutual Authentication with the Server (AP_REQ and AP_REP to be done).
We have formed the AS_REQ, AS_REP, TGS+REQ and TGS_REP packets on our own
wby using Krb5 code with out using the GSSPI.

While sending the AP_REQ packet to SMTP server, should we add GSSAPI
information? Basically, I am sending the
- Service ticket and
- Authenticatior information in the AP_REQ packet. With this information,
the SMT server is saying, unknown data?

Is it required to add some GSSAPI header information to the AP_REQ packet?
What GSSAPI should I use to make the correct AS_REQ packet?

POINT#2:
=======
If we use GSSAPI code, everything will be taken by that. All  *_REQ and _REP
packets will be sent and processed. Can't we plugin our processed AS_REQ,
AS_REP, TGS_REQ and TGS_REP packets in to that?
- we are facing probelm in forming the AP_REQ packet for MUTUAL
AUTHENTICTAION with the Server.

Any thoughts on the same?

Thanks a lot in advance,
-Surendra