Unable to Set SPN mapping data ( Apache, Kerberos, Win2k3)

abbas.attarwala@gmail.com abbas.attarwala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 13:22:49 EST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to set SPN mapping of my apache webserver to a user account
in my Active Directory in Win2k3.

C:\Documents and Settings\aattarwala>ktpass -princ
HTTP/abbaswinserver.mydomain.com
@MYDOMAIN.COM -mapuser abbastest at MYDOMAIN.COM pass helloworld -out
apache.keytab

Targeting domain controller: 1wfad.mydomain.com

Failed to set property "servicePrincipalName" to
"HTTP/abbaswinserver at mydomain.com"
on Dn "CN=abbas test,OU=TestUsers,OU=Domain Users
DC=com": 0x32.

WARNING: Unable to set SPN mapping data.
If abbastest already has an SPN mapping installed for
HTTP/abbaswinserver.mydomain.com
this is no cause for concern.
Failed to set password for abbastest: 0x5.
Aborted.

Note: I am not the system administrator when i issued these commands. (
do i need to be one??)

why is this mapping failing?? due to this, i cannot use kerberos
authentication on my apche web server.

thanks!