MIT kerberos and ftpd

Grant, Martin Martin.Grant at fmr.com
Fri Mar 17 11:36:34 EST 2006

These two systems are identical except remote_host1 doesn't run an
automounter and thus my home directory doesn't exist.  Remote_host2
does.

(SunOS 5.8) local_host1:~ 1> kinit
Password for user1 at MYDOMAIN.COM:
(SunOS 5.8) local_host1:~ 2> kftp remote_host1
Connected to remote_host1.mydomain.com.
220 remote_host1 FTP server (Version 5.60) ready.
334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow
GSSAPI accepted as authentication type
GSSAPI authentication succeeded
Name (remote_host1:user1):
232 GSSAPI user user1 at MYDOMAIN.COM is authorized as user1
^C
No control connection for command: Interrupted system call
No control connection for command: Interrupted system call
ftp> quit
(SunOS 5.8) local_host1:~ 3> kdestroy
(SunOS 5.8) local_host1:~ 4> kftp remote_host1
Connected to remote_host1.mydomain.com.
220 remote_host1 FTP server (Version 5.60) ready.
334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow
GSSAPI accepted as authentication type
GSSAPI error major: Miscellaneous failure
GSSAPI error minor: No credentials cache found
GSSAPI error: initializing context
GSSAPI authentication failed
Name (remote_host1:user1):
331 Password required for user1.
Password:
230-No directory! Logging in with home=/
230 User user1 logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.
(SunOS 5.8) local_host1:~ 5>
(SunOS 5.8) local_host1:~ 5> kinit
Password for user1 at MYDOMAIN.COM:
(SunOS 5.8) local_host1:~ 6> kftp remote_host2
Connected to remote_host2.mydomain.com.
220 remote_host2 FTP server (Version 5.60) ready.
334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow
GSSAPI accepted as authentication type
GSSAPI authentication succeeded
Name (remote_host2:user1):