Kerberos failing pthreads assert when running in php+Apache2? (Mac OS X 10.4.5)

Jonathan Williams jonathan.williams at nyu.edu
Wed Mar 15 16:17:09 EST 2006

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the helpful email. I think your guess was spot on -- after
a successful rebuild of both mod_auth_kerberos and my php extension,
I was in a stage where I am able to get *either* to work in Apache. I
chucked the

On Mar 15, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Ken Raeburn wrote:

> From the fact that you mention disabling thread support in
> Kerberos, I assume you're building and installing a copy of krb5
> from MIT, rather than using the version of KfM included with the
> operating system?

I was building Apache, Kerberos, PHP etc. using DarwinPorts and had
assumed that this would prevent these from linking against the system
Kerberos libraries (http://wiki.opendarwin.org/index.php/
DarwinPorts:FAQ).

I tried with MIT/DarwinPorts Kerberos uninstalled and everything
works again. (I only [thought] I needed the DarwinPorts Kerberos
while I was testing phpkrb5.)

Hopefully, this will save some other DarwinPorts user from these
issues. (Sidebar: Does anyone know what the OS X equivalent of
Linux's `ldd` is?)

Also: If anyone finds my move of phpkrb5 to PHP5 useful, feel free to
send diffs, etc.

--
Jonathan C. Williams
Web Programmer