~~Error when trying to ssh and acess kadmin interface~~

Logarajan I logarajan at riskspan.com
Wed Mar 15 01:58:39 EST 2006

Hi,

1)    When trying to access the kadmin interface i get the following
error:

kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface

Can anyone guide me on the same.

2)   When trying to ssh to the system using the kerberos 5 ticket, i get
the following error:

#ssh -vvv system1

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-
mic,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list publickey,gssapi-with-
mic,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-
interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup gssapi-with-mic
debug3: remaining preferred: publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug2: we sent a gssapi-with-mic packet, wait for reply
debug1: Miscellaneous failure
Server not found in Kerberos database

debug1: Trying to start again
debug2: we sent a gssapi-with-mic packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-
mic,password,keyboard-interactive
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method

But  i have the host principal created on the server and added
corresponding host principal to the /etc/krb5.keytab file.

Client side:

GSSAPIAuthentication is enabled

Server Side:
GSSAPIAuthentication is enabled.

Can anyone help me on the same.  I have deleted the princpals are
recreated also, but in vain.

Thanks in advance

Logarajan I