Problem with kerberos and ssh.

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Wed Mar 1 19:25:06 EST 2006

>Very cool.  Maybe we're getting to the point where we can informally (or
>even formally) standardize parts of the SPI between the mechglue and the
>mechanisms.  Given enough independent multi-mechanism GSS-API mechglue
>and mechanism implementations it should be beneficial to standardize the
>SPI.

Like Solaris, Heimdal one supports mechanisms that export either a dispatch
table or individual symbols. The former was necessary to support pseudo-
mechanisms or applications that need to link against mechanism-specific API,
although I suspect there might have been other ways to do this.

Also the Heimdal mechglue supports a bunch of the GSI extensions, like
set_context_option etc.

-- Luke