Windows Clients Won't Do Kerberos

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Jun 30 02:54:26 EDT 2006

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:18:18 +1000
Luke Howard <lukeh at padl.com> wrote:

> >So if *I* had to guess I would say it's (2). There's some mysterious
> >security policy "GPO" or some odd MS thing I don't understand since I
> >spend 90% of my time in vi :-<
>
> Try cranking up KerbDebugLevel and see if you can find out if the
> Kerberos SSP is being invoked.

Unfortunately that only works on Windows 2003 Server and requires a
reboot. Additionally I just tried this in my environment and it didn't
log anything terribly interesting (although I only tried the standard
log level of 0xc0000043).

Apparently there is a netcap.exe packet capture program shipped on the
XP CD as part of the Support Tools package [1]. I have tested installing
and getting a capture and asked the customer to try it.

Mike

[1] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306794/EN-US/

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization