Multiple interface support for KDC

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 20 12:21:50 EDT 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 08:26, Sachin Punadikar wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having a query about KDC.
> Does KDC listens for specified UDP/TCP ports on all available network
> interfaces ?
> Please reply back. Thanks !!!
> -Sachin Punadikar

Currently, it listens on all UDP addresses found on non-loopback
interfaces (one socket per address, so replies come from the right
address, with the drawback that new addresses added after the KDC
starts won't be used), and uses a wildcard address for the TCP
listener.  We've gotten patches for allowing the config file to
specify a set of addresses to listen on, and for using IP/
IPV6_PKTINFO interfaces to allow the use of a pair of UDP sockets for
all addresses, but at this point I think 1.5 will ship before I get a
chance to review them and update them to apply to all the programs we
run on our KDCs and get them integrated... they're definitely on my
list, but there's more urgent stuff above them....

Ken