Kerberos Overwrite Emergency

Brittany R. Lewis Brittany.R.Lewis at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Jun 16 13:32:22 EDT 2006

Hi, I just recently graduated Dartmouth College where we were required to use Kerberos for a variety of secure programs online. I just bought an Intel Macbook in March and had installed kerberos about a week ago. There were instantly os x problems, and a log in screen came up after restart. there were no users listed and all password changes in the os x install disk didn't work. I called Applecare and they said Kerberos must have overwritten my system. I tried to firewire to another mac to get my very important data from the harddrive, but the other computer (ibook) could not recognize the disk. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do now, but desperately need the information off of my harddrive. Please let me know how I can go about remedying the situation without having to erase and restore. Thank you.
BRLewis