kadmin.local works but kadmin doesn't. kpasswd 'insufficient access to lock data base'

Sensei senseiwa at mac.com
Wed Jun 14 14:50:29 EDT 2006

On 2006-06-12 21:22:37 +0200, bohongdxl at gmail.com said:

> I am almost certain that selinux is causing the problem.
> [...]

Whoops! I didn't notice you have the secure extensions.

> When I set selinux to 'enforcing', and start kerberos using
> '/sbin/service kadmin start', kpasswd will trigger the error
> 'insufficient access to database'. If I start kerberos using 'kadmin'
> directly, kpasswd will succeed. [...]

You solved the problem.

Sorry, if I had noticed SElinux you'd solved the problem really soon.
Anyway good for you :)

--
Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]