Is Kerberos V5 i18n ready?

Terry Zhuo Terry.Zhuo at mks.com
Mon Jun 5 09:11:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am using Kerberos Login Module from JAAS for authentication. And I
cannot authenticate users with wide character names. The error I got
was: Client not found in Kerberos database (6). However, it works fine
from Windows login. Some people told me that Kerberos V5 protocol is not
properly internationalized. Is this true? If this is, is there any plan
to fix this problem? Is there any work around for the time being?
Thanks!

Terry Zhuo

Software Developer, MKS Inc., www.mks.com

Waterloo, ON, Canada; Tel: 519.883.3274;

Fax: 519. 884.8861

One Solution, One Architecture, Total Visibility