Problem with mutex lock when using credential cache file

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sun Jun 4 15:41:24 EDT 2006

I have an application that does a krb5_get_init_creds_keytab and stores the
data in a (memory) credential cache. When the application establishes
parallel connections with sasl/gssapi authentication or one shortly after
the other I get a " GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (Invalid argument)"
error. I debugged  it down to the error code of k5_mutex_lock (error code
22) somewhere in the cache handling functions. Does anybody know what the
reason for this error is ? It is pretty impossible to follow the
k5_mutex_lock inline (re)definitions.

I am using OpenSolaris 10.1 with krb5-1.4.3.

Thanks
Markus