Accessing AD from UNIX machines

sayali k sayali_s_kulkarni at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 31 23:40:17 EDT 2006

Thanks a lot Markus,
  Will definitely have a look at that in more details. I would be using this on redhat linux, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris and other such UNIX flavors.

  Thanks once again for all the help.

  Warm regards,
  Sayali

Markus Moeller <huaraz at moeller.plus.com> wrote:
  Have a look at the ldapsearch source of openldap. It should contain all you
need. I use it on my Suse Linux machine against AD.

Markus

"sayali k" wrote in message
news:20060731083512.13798.qmail at web7603.mail.in.yahoo.com...
> Hi all,
> I wanted to know some programming technique using which it would be
> possible to access the Active Directory users/groups and other details
> from UNIX machine.
> I would like to write a small C/C++ program which would do this, like in
> case of Java, JNDI can be used to connect to AD using LDAP and then access
> the objects in AD.
>
> Thanks a lot for all the help I am getting here.
>
> Regards,
> Sayali

- Sayali