64bit Kerberos 5

Mitchell L. Thurston Mitchell.L.Thurston at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Jul 28 09:54:55 EDT 2006

Greetings,

My name is Mitch Thurston.  I am the technology coordinator for the arts and sciences libraries at Dartmouth College.  Our computing infrastructure is quite interesting here.  We operate in both a windows and mac environment, to which kerberos authentication is heavily integrated.

My question is this:  Recently I ordered and installed two 64bit windows machines.  I am experiencing difficulty finding work-arounds and solutions to the kerberos authentication within this environment.  Is there anything available for 64bit windows machines?

Second question, if there is not, what might the timeline be for providing 64bit support.

Third question, are there any workarounds, or methods of forcing kerberos 5, to work in a 64bit environment..

Thanks for your assistance,

	-Mitch

Mitchell L. Thurston
Dartmouth College Library
Arts & Sciences Technical Coordinator
Ext. 6-9239

"Lead, but follow. Teach, but learn. Speak, but listen.
For, without the latter result, the prior may never
begin." -Mitchell L. Thurston