Server not found in Kerberos Database

sayali k sayali_s_kulkarni at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 24 23:30:38 EDT 2006

Hi all,
  When do we get the error as "Server not found in Kerberos Database"?
  I have a KDC on Win2003 and a client which is a Linux (redhat) is trying to authenticate the users from this Active directory, which is on the win 2003 machine.
  I observed that in case we specify the wrong user name (which does not exist on the AD server) at the time of kinit command on Linux machine we get the error as "Client not found in Kerberos database".
  What is this server which is not found when I am trying to join the redhat client machine to the AD server?

  Thanks in advance for all the help

  Regards,
  Sayali