account lockout problem with solaris and active directory

tulanian@gmail.com tulanian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 17:50:30 EDT 2006

I don't know if this is a kerberos problem or not. I've gotten kerberos
authentication to work on my Solaris 9 box to an Active Directory
domain but we're having problem with account lockouts. The threshold in
AD is set to 10 failed login attempts, but a single bad password at the
unix login prompt generates a flurry of failed attempts via kerberos,
locking the account. Does anyone know why this could be happening?