kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface

lizhong lizhong at ncic.ac.cn
Thu Jul 20 22:35:49 EDT 2006

Hi,
    Can somebody tell me why I can't use kadmin remotely? I can start kadmin
on the kdc server by using "kadmin -O". But when I tried to use
/usr/kerberos/sbin/kadmin from a client machine to visit the kerberos
database, the error as the email title occured.
[root at gcnode029 sbin]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: admin/admin at test.com

07/20/06 17:54:02  07/21/06 17:54:00  krbtgt/test.com at test.com

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached
[root at gcnode029 sbin]# kadmin admin/admin
Authenticating as principal  <mailto:admin/admin at test.com>
admin/admin at test.com with password.
Password for  <mailto:admin/admin at test.com> admin/admin at test.com:
kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface

    Thank you for any help!

--
LiZhong